Chocolate Cherry Crumble
3 cups pitted cherries, chopped (fresh or frozen)
1 orange, juiced & zested
1 bar of your favorite dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup almond meal/flour
½ cup raw almonds
8 pitted dates
½ tsp vanilla bean (powder or extract)
¼ cup melted coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pit & slice the cherries, if using fresh cherries, or chop the thawed frozen cherries. Place in medium sized baking dish. Sprinkle with the orange juice and zest. Evenly spread the chopped chocolate chunks.
In a food processor, combine the raw almonds and pitted dates. Pulse until broken down. Add the remaining ingredients and process until well combined. Sprinkle across the filling. Cover the dish with foil and place in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the filling is cooked and crumble is golden brown. Serve with a big scoop of Larry & Luna’s Coconut Dream Vanilla Bean Ice Cream!
Chakin-shibori Dessert with Sweet Potato (by Miki Nagata )
Annou sweet potato paste, sweet white bean paste, purple sweet potato powder.
COCONUT & DARK CHOCOLATE POPOVERS
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Dark Chocolate & Coconut Truffles Trio with French Dessert Wine
(by Suwandi Tan)
Cheese Toasts: with Pesto, Arugula, Avocado and Mozzarella
Spread 1 tbsp of pesto on each slice of the bread. On one slice place cheese, avocado, goat cheese, rucola, cover with a second slice of cheese and top it with second slice of bread. Press together gently.
To make it delicious you should toast it. To do so heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan over medium low heat and fry the sandwich until bread is golden brown. Press down on the sandwich lightly, then flip the sandwich over and cook until second side is golden brown.
Frozen Blueberry Yoghurt Bark
2 c. plain greek yogurt
1/3 c. honey
1 tbsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla paste)
2 c. blueberries, washed and stray stems removed
**If you have other flavoured yogurt on hand, omit the honey and vanilla and just mix the yogurt and blueberries together instead.
1. In medium sized bowl, stir together the yogurt, honey and vanilla.
2. Gently stir in the blueberries and mix until all combined.
3. In a parchment lined 9x13 pan, pour in the yogurt mixture and spread out evenly making sure blueberries are evenly distributed.
4. Freeze overnight and cut into desired serving size
Crisp Rosemary Flatbread
Makes three 8 -10 inch rounds
1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
4 6-inch sprigs of rosemary
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup olive oil plus more for brushing
Black sea salt
Flaky sea salt such as Maldon
Preheat oven to 450°F with a heavy baking sheet on rack in middle.
Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in center, then add water and oil and gradually stir into flour with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Knead dough gently on a work surface 4 or 5 times. Do not overwork the dough
Divide dough into 3 pieces and roll out 1 piece on a sheet of parchment paper into a 10-inch round. The dough should be quite thin, and the shape can be rustic. As you are working, keep the remaining pieces of dough covered with plastic wrap in a cool place.
Lightly brush top with additional oil and scatter small clusters of rosemary leaves on top, pressing in slightly. Sprinkle with sea salts. Slide round (still on parchment) onto preheated baking sheet and bake until pale golden and browned in spots, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer flatbread to a rack to cool, then make 2 more rounds (1 at a time) on fresh parchment (do not oil or salt until just before baking). Break into pieces.
Matcha & Autumn Wagashi (by lotus-aki)
1/2 cup (2 ounces) coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
4 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup coconut oil, (liquid)
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
Matcha Ganache, recipe to follow
Coconut Frosting, recipe to follow
1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted (garnish)
1. Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 350℉. Grease four 4-inch cake pans with butter or cooking spray and cover pan bottoms with rounds of parchment paper. Grease parchment rounds. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, salt and xantham gum, set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with a hand mixer until lighter in colour and slightly fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add coconut oil, agave nectar, extract, continue to beat until combined. Fold in flour mixture and shredded coconut until fully combined.
4. Divide batter equally between prepared cake pans; spread to sides of pan and smooth with small off-set spatula. Bake until cake tops are light golden and skewer inserted in centre comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool on rack 10 minutes. Run a knife around pan perimeter to loosen, remove cakes onto a lightly greased rack. Cool completely.
8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons matcha powder
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Place chocolate and matcha powder in a medium bowl. Bring heavy cream just to a boil, and pour over chocolate mixture. Stir until fully combined and smooth.
2. Let cool to room temperature and thickened, about 45 minutes. Alternatively, refrigerate ganache for faster cooling.
8 tablespoons (4 ounces/1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons coconut milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon light rum
1. Using electric mixer, beat butter in medium bowl until smooth. Add sugar, reduced coconut milk, extracts, and salt. Beat on medium-low speed until blended, scraping down sides of bowl. Increase to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy. Add rum and continue to beat until fully incorporated. Refrigerate until needed.
1.Using two cakes, cut each cake in half horizontally. Place one cake layer on the bottom of cake stand or serving platter, spread approximately 2 tablespoons of ganache over cake layer and top with another layer. Repeat with filling and cake layers until top with the 4th cake layer.
2. Spread or pipe frosting on top and side of cake. Garnish with pistachios. Refrigerate cake for 30 minutes before serving.
3. Repeat with remaining two cakes.
Shortbread & Chocolate Teabags
Matcha Mousse Cake