Blackberry Muffins (by Melanie DeFazio)
Total Time: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Joao Gilberto & Miucha - Izuara
Album: Joao Gilberto
Literary Birthday - 15 September
Agatha Christie, born 15 September 1890, died 12 January 1976
15 Agatha Christie Quotes
- Very few of us are what we seem.
- There was a moment when I changed from an amateur to a professional. I assumed the burden of a profession, which is to write even when you don’t want to, don’t much like what you’re writing, and aren’t writing particularly well.
- Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master.
- Crime is terribly revealing. Try and vary your methods as you will, your tastes, your habits, your attitude of mind, and your soul is revealed by your actions.
- I specialize in murders of quiet, domestic interest.
- I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
- The best time to plan a book is while you’re doing the dishes.
- I’ve always believed in writing without a collaborator, because where two people are writing the same book, each believes he gets all the worry and only half the royalties.
- An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her.
- Where large sums of money are concerned, it is advisable to trust nobody.
- A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
- Every murderer is probably somebody’s old friend.
- I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention — invention, in my opinion, arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble.
- One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one.
- An appreciative listener is always stimulating.
Christie was a British crime writer of novels, short stories, and plays. She is best remembered for her 66 detective novels featuring Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple. Christie is the best-selling novelist of all time. Her novels have sold roughly four billion copies. The other 10 best-selling authors are featured here.
Source for Image
My attitude to peace is rather based on the Burmese definition of peace - it really means removing all the negative factors that destroy peace in this world. So peace does not mean just putting an end to violence or to war, but to all other factors that threaten peace, such as discrimination, such as inequality, poverty. (image: facttofiction.com)
Aung San Suu Kyi
Habib Koité & Kélétigui Diabaté - Foro Bana
Album: Ma Ya
"Thirty years of work on the African continent have carried Carol Beckwith and Angela Fisher across 270,000 miles and through remote corners of 40 countries in exploration of more than 150 African cultures. In the process, this team of world-renowned photographers has produced 15 widely acclaimed books and made four films about traditional Africa.
While the lifeways they document may appear timeless, these committed explorers are driven by a sense that they work against the clock. They view Africa’s traditional cultures as threatened, the ancient ways in danger of being lost in a vast melting pot of modernity. According to Fisher and Beckwith: ‘These unique cultures possess a wealth of knowledge that should be celebrated, shared, and honored. It is our life passion to document and create a powerful visual record of these vanishing ways of life for future generations.’”
Pat Foosheen - Mixolimnion (the disclosure project remix)
Pablo Neruda, “It is Born”